The Emmaus Community welcomes diversity in all areas.
We join together in response to the call of the Spirit to preach the gospel of liberation and justice and to pattern our lives after the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
We share a common theology and liturgical tradition with the Roman Catholic church, but do not participate in its canon law.
All are Welcome to the table of God.
- The inclusion of ALL baptized Christians at the Eucharist table
- Ordination of ALL individuals - man or woman, single or married.
- Invitation to follow your conscience regarding birth control
- Offering the sacrament of marriage to all including LGBTQ couples and divorced individuals
- Active and equal involvement of the laity in the governance of the Community
- Respect and recognition of other religions
Member of the Ecumenical Catholic Communion ECC.org